KUMAS key projects 2014 with 3 prize winners
KUMAS key projects are methods, processes, products, services, concepts, developments or research results, which are especially suitable for demonstrating environmental expertise "made in Bavaria".
With the awarding of prizes for key projects, KUMAS supports the development and implementation of innovative projects and therefore secures the scientific and technical environmental knowhow of the region.
This year the public award ceremony was held on 4 December in the Haag-Villa (Augsburg) - the following projects were awarded prizes:
Construction and operation of a biowaste fermentation plant with integration in thermal waste recovery
Project partners: AVA Abfallverwertung Augsburg GmbH, Augsburg
CogSYS - resource-efficient print machine with cognitive systems
Project partners: Fraunhofer Institute for machine tools and forming technology (IWU), RMV project group, Augsburg
Mechatronic system for controlled and energy-saving actuation of wet running multi-plate clutches
Project partners: FZG-Augsburg, branch office of the gear research centre - FZG Technische Universität München, Augsburg
The jury members were as follows:
- Bayerisches Landesamt für Umwelt
- bifa Umweltinstitut GmbH (Jury Chairman: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Rommel)
- BSH Bosch und Siemens Hausgeräte GmbH
- C.A.R.M.E.N. e.V.
- Cluster Mechatronik & Automation e.V.
- eza! Energie- und umweltzentrum Allgäu gGmbH
- Swabian chamber of professional trades
- University of Applied Sciences, Fachhochschule Augsburg
- IHK Schwaben
- Government of Swabia
- THOMA Metallveredelung GmbH
- Environmental office of the City of Augsburg
- Umwelt-Technologisches Gründerzentrum GmbH
- WissenschaftsZentrum Umwelt, University of Augsburg
- World Environment Center