Environmental hygiene and environmental biotechnology
Without microbes, there would be no food and no human life. We need them for composting, fermentation and to break down pollutants. But microbes also colonize air conditioning systems, process fluids, surfaces and they spread through the air. They cause occupational health and safety problems, odors and process disruptions. Our experts understand microbes, and they get to the bottom of them with their breeding and analytical methods
Environmental microbes impact people and the environment. Techniques such as turning biowaste into biogas and compost or degrading industrial chemicals and bioplastics are made possible by the use of microorganisms. On the other hand, pathogenic germs, undesirable biofilms and microorganisms overriding hygienization processes are usually disturbing.
The use of biological metabolic processes in technical environmental protection can increase biogas yield, improve compostability and fermentability of novel biowastes (e.g. coffee capsules) and prevent undesirable degradation activities.
We support you in your projects with
- Assessment of microbial contamination
- In the search for causes of microbially induced damage
- Environmental stability of pathogens
- Efficiency of hygienisation measures
- Development and optimisation of environmental biotechnical processes
- Microbiological test procedures and biodegradability tests